Just bought a 2020 Stander X what's next?

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
I had similar results with gator blades on both of my wright standers. They certainly decrease the clippings, but the cut when going full sticks is nothing like the high lifts I run.

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've recently tried the Gator G6s with the 36" aero core deck and while it does turn clippings into almost a powder it's not cutting as cleanly as the OEM high lift blades. Need to double cut to make it look as good. Going back to the high lifts and will put the G6s back on when it's leaf season.
Have you tried the g5's? They are a little lighter than g6, I know in the past I changed out the high lifts with the g6 on my old 48"
It just seemed like it took a lot more HP to turn the over. It had a 18hp on it, sold that one and got another 48" with a 14.5hp with g5 blades and it does fantastic in any conditions

OP
TSP Lawn Care

TSP Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
I can't speak to the Ballard blocker but the quik chute one I'm using on my JD 636 (Wright Stander X) doesn't interfere with my aluminium accelerator bagger when in the upright open position.

Edit to add: you mentioned that the accelerator bagger mount was optional? It must be different from the JD/aero core deck design, there's no extra mount, the bagger just uses the pin to hook on in front of the chute and then hooks up behind it directly.

Yea the pin design is different. Its basically two little mounts by the deck opening but they do bolt right there. So thats why i was asking if the chute blocker would still work if i had that bracket installed already for the bag.

Heres the right link sorry, for what ever reason it wasnt working https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/gator®-g5™-blade,-16-15-16"/p/596-354
Thank you sir i appreciate it

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yea the pin design is different. Its basically two little mounts by the deck opening but they do bolt right there. So thats why i was asking if the chute blocker would still work if i had that bracket installed already for the bag.

Thank you sir i appreciate it
Np

Top Forums