Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have added another echo 261? weed wacker to the arsenal!

so,what goes better with that then a new Edgit disk.

60 or so dollars,shipping included.These things are idiot proof(lol)

i would love to post a link,but dont want to violate the rules :dizzy:

do a search for Edgit corp in Kentucky

great product

last one is 3 years old and still in service

also survived a fall from the trailer at 50 mph

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is definately an interesting attachment for the trimmer. Is it worth it? I am just starting into the lawn business. (I am actually buying my weed eater and blower tommorrow- stihl br-550, and fs 130). I wasn't planning on buying an edger at all. I was just going to edge with the weed-eater. Does the edge-it keep the line at a good length or is it like having no guard on? This summer I have been a weed-eater for a lawn company. So I know how to work one decent. Just wondering.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The piece works as a guard.Secondly, it creates a nice suction while weed

whacking as to stand up the grass,this equals good results.

you can also get away with out blowing off because the suction i mentioned

will clean off the sidewalks(see video at site)

and finally,the disk serves as a guide for edging the curb and bed areas

only drawback ive found is if you let way to much line out youll have to cut it

down against a curb.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks......I did a search for edgit corp Kentucky and it did not find them, which is why I asked. I will buy one tomorrow. Imagine my chagrin when I found out it was simply www.edgit.com! Thanks for not rubbing it in.... :eek:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
sowstrong said:
That is definately an interesting attachment for the trimmer. Is it worth it? I am just starting into the lawn business. (I am actually buying my weed eater and blower tommorrow- stihl br-550, and fs 130). I wasn't planning on buying an edger at all. I was just going to edge with the weed-eater. Does the edge-it keep the line at a good length or is it like having no guard on? This summer I have been a weed-eater for a lawn company. So I know how to work one decent. Just wondering.
Before you do that, buy an Echo trimmer IF you want to attach an edgit. They are made to fit the Echo.

I often use an Echo trimmer with an Edgit. My other trimmer's a Tanaka. I edge with a Tanaka wheeled edger, stick edger, and Edgit (depending on the conditions). They all have their place!

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
They work great, we've used them for about 8 yrs or so. But beware there are a bunch of Edgit haters on this forum. The Edgit works best with Echo trimmers because you don't need a mounting bracket. We love them because they make flat trimming and edging less work for us, as I am getting tired of trimming at age 48, so anything that eases my work load is a must.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Do you guys who use these things find that your taking longer and longer to do the yards? After you get done edging the sidewalks you have to walk back to the truck and get your string trimmer ready.

After a decade of doing this I can make just as good of an edge with my string the anyone can with one of those.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
IN2MOWING said:
Do you guys who use these things find that your taking longer and longer to do the yards? After you get done edging the sidewalks you have to walk back to the truck and get your string trimmer ready.

After a decade of doing this I can make just as good of an edge with my string the anyone can with one of those.
WHAT?? You don't have to change anything.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've found more than one advantage to using the edgit.

1. Easier for less experienced people to make consistantly quality edges.

2. Cut's a wider swath. When i'm "whackin" a ditch or something, I let out as
much string as my trimmer will turn (stihl 4mix). I get the string 3-4
inches outside the edgit before the trimmer won't turn it. So i'm cutting
almost as much as a 21" push mower.

3. Fences....I hate "whackin" fences there is no way, over a whole summer of
doing 100's of fences that you are not going to mark one up or damage
one and of course the one you damage is going to be the PITA customer
Since I've gotten the edgit, i've not damaged or marked a single
one. You set the disc underneath the fence and that disk keeps the
string below it no matter what you do. Plus you can "whack" underneath
fences very quickly, you don't have to be so careful. You can keep the
string inside and underneath the disc so you don't damage anything.

there's my nickels worth

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
It would seem to me edging with it would throw debris up and everywhere but the video looks like it doesnt throw any more than my stick edger would.

To the guys that use it have you had any probs with this thing pitcing debris when its inverted to the edge position?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Pro-Scapes said:
To the guys that use it have you had any probs with this thing pitcing debris when its inverted to the edge position?
No.
IN2MOWING said:
What are you talking about? Why would it take longer? Did you even go to the website and see what an Edgit is? It's ATTACHED to the string trimmer, so why would you have to go back to the vehicle and get a string trimmer when you're done edging the lawn?

·
Banned
66 Posts
The C Man said:
No.

What are you talking about? Why would it take longer? Did you even go to the website and see what an Edgit is? It's ATTACHED to the string trimmer, so why would you have to go back to the vehicle and get a string trimmer when you're done edging the lawn?
Maybe Im not looking at it right. IMO it looks like a training wheel set for people who cant hold their hands and arms still enough to edge with. I didnt realize that string came out past the mechanisim. I thought it let just enough out to edge with. Sorry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.