1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Just bought Redmax 8000 today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sniggly, Oct 21, 2004.

1. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

.....and just wanted to let all of you know you are missing out. Replaced a Tanaka blower......no comparison.........different league altogether.

Wonderful blower.......and what's even better.........this machine is going to save me time. Time is money.

hehehehhee
    :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :waving: :waving: :blob3: :blob3:

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What is the weight of this unit with full tank of gas?

3. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

They move mountains of leaves and debris!

I think they weight 25lbs dry and hold just over 1/2 gallon. Should be another 3 lbs for the fuel.

Not too bad on your back. I get mine to run right around an hour on a tank.

4. s&wlawncare

s&wlawncare LawnSite Member

i just ordered mine today but i was wondering if the 8000 will take stihl mix gas because all my other equipment is stihl

5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Should be 50:1.

Not sure what the Stihl runs.

6. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

Not sure about the weight. I'm a hiker so I really don't notice weight on my back very much. For me to say it's not heavy may not be equal for someone else. I will say this......like a hiker's pack.....the 8000 has a waist strap. If you know how to set this up correctly your shoulders should only bear a couple pounds of the total weight. The waist strap should anchor the bulk of the weight around your waist.

As far as productivity is concerned (the reason I bought it).....it pushes just as much air as a 5.5hp parking lot blower (like the little wonder).

My standard of measure was this.....Will this blower shorten my on-site time? The answer is a resounding yes. I have a large commercial account with a 270 foot by 28 foot drive way that ends in an 16 car parking lot.

Fact: This blower cut my on-site time by 11 minutes.

:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Yes you can use Stihl oil mixture in the Redmax. I have both Stihl and Redmax stuff and I only use 1 type of oil.

You will like the Redmax. I've bought 3 in 3 yrs and they are all awesome and not 1 breakdown.