1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just Bought Shindaiwa T2500 (review)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joeypotts, May 30, 2002.

1. joeypotts

joeypotts LawnSite Member

Good--No smoke, no smelly fumes, good power, low noise, good weight, will accept any T230 attachments. I got the coller and spacer off a T230X and now I can use a blade! 4 stroke engine that runs off 2 stroke fuel. No oil to check.

Bad--Shaft is shorter than T260, no hanger for a shoulder strap, on the pro-matic head, the line comes out about 2 inches higher than the bottom of the bump feeder and you tave to tilt the trimmer over to get down low to the ground.

I just bought it today for $380, and kinda wish I had went with the T260 for $360. The shaft on the 260 is about 2 inches longer and I am 6'2". I think the 260 would have suited my trimming needs better. Shindaiwa is supposed to take anything back for a period of 7 days, but my dealer was not too fond of taking it back. So I guess I will be using it for some time and try to make the most of it.

I would love to hear your comments about the T2500 or 260. Please post on this thread or mail me at joeypotts@hotmail.com

2. Wayward

Wayward LawnSite Member

I run 270's. The other day I was at a dealer and the Shindaiwa rep was there with a T2500. I was interested in a 4 stroke trimmer because I heard that they vibrated less than 2 strokes. The rep told me that the 2500 shook more than my 270 because of the action of the valve train. I took it out side and ran it for a few minutes and when I handed it back to him my hands were tingling! Decided to stay with the 270's.