1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just getting started--help!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawn express, Dec 8, 2005.

1. lawn express

lawn express LawnSite Member

This is my first post on this site and new member also.

I need alot of help. I just started my business in Georgia 5 months ago and i currently have about 20 accounts all residential. I have purchased a 48" Gravely Z-turn and I also have redmax trimmer and stihl edger. I need to grow my business but have little money to spend my wife is a school teacher and she is basically supporting us right now. I know it will take time but i need more clients what can I do without going under right now the bills get paid and there is food on the table but not much more money than that. There is another landscaping company that i help out when i get slow but i am just getting by please help with any suggestions for me it will be greatly appreciated god bless..

2. JCinTx

JCinTx LawnSite Member
    from Texas

It’ much easier to upsell services to an existing customer base than it is to generate new accounts, have you tapped all services you could possibly sell to your customer base i.e., gutter cleaning, leaf removal, winter bed color, landscape renovations, tree trimming, etc? Typically your ROI is increased as well when successfully selling these services. Hope this helps somewhat and I’m sure you’ll receive many more creative ways to generate more revenue this winter from this site, lots of experienced people here that don’t mind taking the time to help out others. Good luck and God Bless also.
    John

3. JCinTx

JCinTx LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Forgot to add, ask every one of your customers for referrals…..neighbors, relatives, friends, co-workers, etc. When you get the referrals, go by and see them, don’t just call, it’s too easy to brush someone off on the phone, but much more difficult in person….after all it’s a referral, and your success rate will be much higher with those! Good luck!!
    John