1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Just Getting Started

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carino Property Services, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Carino Property Services

Carino Property Services LawnSite Member

Hello Everyone, I'm starting a lawn service after being disabled for 6 years. I would like to know if the equipment I'm looking at is the right stuff. I already have a Ferris IS3000ZX and a 18' open trailer by Quallity Trailers. I'm looking at Ferris 36'' HydroCut a Shindaiwa M2500 multi tool with string trimmer,powerbroom, stickedger and EB630 blower. Is this good equipment? I already have about 60 plowing contracts, I started that 2 years ago,and have alot of my customers asking if I do lawn work,they seem to like me and my work. I don't have much experience on lawns, other than my own 3.5 acre lawn, thats why I have the 3000ZX. ( bad back) Thanks for looking at my post any and all responces will be greaty appriciated. Oyea awesome site. Thanks Tom :waving:

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds to me like your off to a good start. It all sounds like pretty good equiptment to me. Good Luck!

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a well equipped start to me, I can't say much about the multi tool. but i'm curious if its fast/easy change over from one to the next? from what i've seen for pricing on attachments to the multi tools i just wonder if you would be better off with a reg. line trimmer & edger. remember if the motor dies you lose all your trimming equipment. if you go with either set up i suggest watching garage sales for a cheap back up trimmer. all you need is a home owner model for a spare. it sucks not to have any if your primary wont start. :D