Just gly’d this so i can start over with better seed!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Garrett1234, Aug 8, 2019.

1. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Santa Barbara. I remember being there in the early 80s in the mountains on the coast at night with the Santa Anna winds blowing, wildfires burning in the distance and coyotes howling on my right and the Pacific ocean on my left. It was pretty neat. I'll never forget it.

2. OP
    OP
    Garrett1234

Garrett1234 LawnSite Senior Member

It’s beautiful there! That’s sounds just like it is here. Coyotes and all! Literally, the same

3. agrostis

She has the most deluxe day to day weather possible in the US. And i'll bet you have a lot of the same. Of course that's also one the most expensive places there is to live.

Garrett1234 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Garrett1234

353E4B3E-6D5C-49DA-9583-49A153766164.jpeg
    16 day update from seeding. Not exactly even germination. Two larger sections no germ at all which is somewhat complexing to me. Figure it’s about time to start seeing the kbg start germ’n within the next few days. Been laying good water on it. Sunday marks week 3 complete and plan on fert app again.

hort101 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Garrett1234

1B1B8CBD-E461-4356-B23B-1555BC0056E8.png
    Any opinions. I have another bag of Scott’s starter with meso in it. And I usually use this feet in the photo. Which one for 3rd week app? With thinking starter since it has the meso in it and I already have it. Opinions appreciated?

6. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

so does everyone have lawn?
    and does everyone have irrigation?

7. OP
    OP
    Garrett1234

Hey there groomer. Not sure i understand what you are asking?

8. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

just glancing at your weather chart you posted shows very minimal rainfall, if I'm reading that correctly? Surely not enough for the good 'ole American lawn.
    so I would assume to maintain good turf where you are irrigation would be a must?
    or do people opt for other things like xeriscaping?

hort101 likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Garrett1234

Oh gotcha. We have “water sensitive” landscapes of course around here. Use of rocks, decomposed granite, low maintenance shrubs and such.
    However we are an irrigated region. I didn’t know until joining this site people did this without. Just a different way of doing things I guess. But yes, drip and sprinklers everywhere in these parts.

hort101 likes this.
  10. agrostis

If you don't mind me asking. How much is your water bill a month ?

ed2hess likes this.