Just got an X mark / Toro spreader sprayer I'm excited any and all tips welcome

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HenryB, Apr 10, 2019.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I really like this machine any tips as far as calibration maintenance etc I'd really appreciate. I'm a little nervous going low volume

2. JunkmanJoe

JunkmanJoe LawnSite Member

I just got one too. Played with calibration. Ended up with blue nozzles. Ran a little less than full throttle at 30 psi . Applied 20gpa with Dimension and Tzone. Will see how that turns out.

3. ETM

ETM LawnSite Silver Member
    from GEORGIA

Nothing to be nervous about. Your gonna still put out the same AI in your chemicals. You will love it in a few weeks. When you get used to it.

4. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

Our nuts get loose in the steering. We put lock tight on this year, see if that helps. Otherwise about once a week I have to tighten stuff down. Hopper cover wears out fast. Other than that, it's a great machine.

americanlawn likes this.
  5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Somebody needs to invent a hinged, yet easy open with one hand--hopper rain cover.

6. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for that idea!...patent pending as of 12 seconds ago...payup

GrassManKzoo and Cam15 like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    HenryB

I've been playing with this all day I really like it I have an embarrassing question I can't get the hopper open I'm setting my adjustment on the spreader pulling back the green lever I can force it open a little bit but I feel like I'm going to snap the lever is there a trick I missing

8. OP
    OP
    HenryB

Oiled everything up connections, cables, metal moving parts seems better but still seems hard to turn on and off also what's a common setting for this spreader for something say like Prodiamine .42 12/0/0

9. HeathD

HeathD LawnSite Member

So does it come with extra nozzles or do you have to buy them separate?

10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I have seen spreader opening levers put together wrong. On Lesco spreaders, if the pivot pin and cotter pin stick out to the right--it catches on the actuating rod. Turn it around so the cotter pin sticks out to the left.

americanlawn and hort101 like this.