Just got an X mark / Toro spreader sprayer I'm excited any and all tips welcome

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HenryB, Apr 10, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you for the help I'll check that something must be wrong because even At the highest application rate it's only open half way

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

You got pictures? Of the linkage, rods and pivots--I mean.
    What kind of spreader do they use?
    Of course, the actuator rods usually have a couple nuts near the end. These can be loosened and adjusted up or down to accommodate the individual situation. This essentially makes the rod longer or shorter.

On other spreaders--you adjust the two nuts so the hopper gate is just barely closed when the handle is in the "off" position. This means that when the handle is in the open position the openings get huge. They are only limited by the adjustment gauge as used for calibration.
    Adjust so that the hopper is barely closed when "off".

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    hort101 likes this.
  3. RigglePLC

4. OP
    OP
    HenryB

I believe it's a spiker spreader it's got the white dial in front I believe 1 through 8. I try to get some pictures loaded when I come home

5. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea there must be something wrong... I’ve never had that issue with mine. I’ve got right around 60hrs on mine and had no issues yet except the tie rod bolts like one other guy mentioned on here. And that just has happened the other day. I did have the pin that goes through the impeller shear one time.

6. RigglePLC

Calibration for granular products is a bit difficult.
    I suggest:
    Weigh out enough to cover 2000 sqft. Add to hopper. Spread on a lawn until out. Measure the number of sqft covered. Adjust up or down. Repeat until consistent within 10 percent.

Add enough fertilizer to cover 4000 sqft and measure the area covered for greater accuracy. Make sure you do 3 or more turns so that the swath width is taken into account.

For 5 pounds or more, quality bathroom scales are probably good enough--if that is all you have.

7. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

Mine on my turfco is the same way. I open or push the lever and nothing happens. When I push it extra hard forward only then does fert leave the hooper. It’s a pain

americanlawn likes this.
  8. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We've experienced this too with our T3100's. Very easy fix.

9. OP
    OP
    HenryB

What is the very easy fix?

10. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

Indulge us