1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just got faster this week!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Sep 12, 2008.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Hasn't happened in a long time. I'm pretty efficient as it is, I can knock out an average Florida lawn in just about 25 minutes by myself. But this week I bought a bigger blower thinking thats the one place I can shave off time. Sure enough with more power I saved a bunch, I'd say roughly to 30 min a day. Feels good cuz time is money.

2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

What mower did you buy? Also can't wait to hang out when you move down here in new orleans:waving:

3. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

he bought a bigger "blower", not mower.

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

what did you have before??

5. S man

My mistake. I'm so use to seeing "mower". What blower did you get?

6. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Its funny how a blower can make such a difference. My BP blower is unusable right now. Last week I had to skip all of my accounts because of Gustav so there grass was really tall. I had to use my homelight handheld blower and in a 9 hour day i swear I spent an hour and half blowing. It made me realize that more power in the smallest places means more money :)

7. S man

Try a redmax 8001 or a stihl br600. You'd be suprised at how fast you can get done.

8. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i think its because it hasn't been raining as much as before. my tuesday route seemed that way, i got done sooner and i had to stop and think, "did i skip somebody?...well at least in my area, so i celebrated with a cold one when i got home :drinkup:

hey, buy the way south florida lawns, i laughed when i read your location... isn't that the truth..seems like 2 million :laugh:

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I recently discovered the advantages of using two handheld blowers,
    one in each hand :p

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Good one there.

I had a br340