1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just got my first trailer and walk-behind!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by T.P.M Group, Jun 18, 2017.

1. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Silver Member

Definitely need a spare with a single axle. Also need to look at getting at least 4 ply radials.

hort101 likes this.
  2. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Senior Member

Never had a spare on my single axle, now i'm going to have a flat, thanks fr making me say that guys!

3. ricrey99

ricrey99 LawnSite Member

Congrats, your on your way!

hort101 likes this.
  4. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Just carry a plug kit and a little compressor the op tpm should tooThumbs Up

5. T.P.M Group

T.P.M Group LawnSite Member

So I got a quick question on the walk behind so when im cutting with walk behind it works perfectly but dies when I put it in reverse. Not really sure what it would be wondering if you guys have experience with this? keep in mind this is and older mower

6. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Gold Member

Could be a safety switch.

7. T.P.M Group

T.P.M Group LawnSite Member

thats what I was thinking but I have tried doing it while blades are engaged and when blades arent engaged. i have both breaks on when i engage reverse and if i let go it will go in reverse before it dies so it still might be safety switch but still not sure where its at

8. Jake the grass guy

Jake the grass guy LawnSite Member

on my toro mine would die when i engaged the blades until the motor was warm. now it should be warm out but maybe letting it run a while might help? could be old gas as well.

9. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from USA

Do shafts spin? Any clicking noises?

10. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

So
    Don't use reverse much
    Just feather the hand brake and pull backwards in one direction or the other for reverse turns.

If you need to shift gears use your knee
    I think but am not sure that your hands might be leaving the operator presence controls (safety) when you're trying to go into reverse and you don't realize that you're doing it, and the machine dies out, as designed

Just a guess