1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just Got New Scag Need Price Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJOHN22042, Mar 30, 2002.

1. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

He just bought my newScag today. Paid $280 for the cloth Bagger 4 cubic ft. is this a good price. Also had hour meter installed at $75 was this a good price for this seemed a little high but iI may be wrong.

2. JJOHN22042

from MA

Just a Little Help would be nice guys...:confused: :confused: :confused:

3. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

As far as the hour meter goes you can get one for about 25-35 dollars and all you do is plug in 2 wires that are already on the mower;'s harness. As for the bagger you can get a grass gobbler that will last alot longer and can also be made bigger for about the same price. Hope that helps

4. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member

the meter was a little high. you could buy a grass catcher for a little less . your in the ball park. i have two of them and love them . good luck

5. I'm glad I don't have to shop in Massachusetts!

Sorry, I guess this ain't what you wanted to hear.

Dave

6. CLM1103

CLM1103 LawnSite Member

My Dealer quoted me $80.00 for a hour meter to fit Scag mower. I purchased same brand from Energy Kinetics,Inc. on line for $18.00 plus $3.90 shipping and received it in 4 days. I have checked around and $58.00 is the best price I have found on this from any dealer. Quite a mark-up I think! Energy Kinetics also has a digital with tach included for a little more.

7. gunputt

gunputt LawnSite Member

Alamia.com Has a 4.3 cubic feet Grass Gobler for $178.

8. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

I did the Alamia thing, and one month after placing my order I got a bagger. Guess what, does not fit my mower. Call Alamia, say it does'nt fit. They verify the model # of the bagger,and what type mower I have. Say that that bagger will fit my mower. I say no it will not. They say that you may have to do some grinding and such to make it fit. I finally get the phone number for Grass Gobbler and call them direct. Tell them what type mower I have and wondered what would be the proper Model # to fit my mower. Guess what, it is different than the one Alamia sent me. Call Alamia back and give them the information. Still do not believe me. I get them to call Gobbler themselves, and get the info firsthand. They do, and never call me back. Now we are in month # 2. I finally get to talk to my sales rep. who has been handling this situation. Says that they can't help me, I need to send the Bag back. I send it back and about another month later I get a refund on my credit card less the shipping I paid both ways. So I am out 3 months time and about 40 bucks shipping charges.

I say buy the bag from Scag and pay a little more for a bag made specifically for you mower.

9. JJOHN22042

from MA

I bought the Bag From Scag Looks nice just hope it lasts.

10. shawn'slawns

shawn'slawns LawnSite Member

i've seen that preco catalog has a plastic trash can style bagger for $200.00 no plate! i think i'm going to try it they say it wont drag? i too have a scag 48hydro and think the mulch plate sounds good too but cant seem to find it?