Just got robbed. Any of y'all using gps tracking??????

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by stankers, Feb 6, 2015.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Gpsandtrack.com $150 for unit and 1 year of service. $20 a year after.

hort101 likes this.
  2. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Well..its been a long time but my stolen mower will finally be paid off in April. You can look in my signature to see what was stolen. ALL the equipment in my signature was stolen. Nothing was recovered. I got 2500 bucks back from my homeowners policy, but that didn't even begin to cover anything. Lesson learned. I had General Liability for the biz but did not have the "Inland Marine" rider for stolen equipment coverage. It was about a $20k mistake for me that I am finally going to have behind me. It killed me EVERY month I made the payment and puts me in a foul mood to this day just thinking about it. They didn't just steal my equipment....they caused me stress, affected my credit. They also stole a LOT of time from me and my family because that ZTR was bought to become more efficient, and they stole my health because I have had to continue doing the work with lesser equipment, walk behind, velke when possible. Don't think it can happen to you?? THINK AGAIN. Just thought Id post this for others to see and learn from. I have zero tolerance for thieves...Zero!! There is my rant for the morning.

hort101, ETM and 13Razorbackfan like this.
  3. RFT-Jack

RFT-Jack Sponsor

Rhino fleet tracking is low cost each month and no contract, so it's flexible. Here's a story about how a landscaper recovered two of his stolen trailers after installing GPS tracking. The tracker was actually installed on the second trailer after the first was stolen. They went to track the second stolen trailer and turned out that it was the same guy that stole the first trailer, so both were recovered. http://www.rhinofleettracking.com/fleet-tracking/fleet-tracking-landscape-companies

4. kemco

kemco LawnSite Bronze Member

Love the price of the gpsandtrack but I'm wondering if u get what u pay for. I paid about $150 for truck gps tracker and then $14.99 a month. Month not year. Can pull up to see where we truckthis at anytime. How long it's been idling, if they we're speeding. I'd love to pay $20 a year rather than $14.99 a month.

5. RFT-Jack

RFT-Jack Sponsor

Looks like the $20 for the second year is on equipment trackers, not vehicle. By the way, our (Rhino Fleet Tracking) vehicle tracking is $39.99 for device and $16.95/mth for service. http://www.rhinofleettracking.com/