1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Just got started again!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Diablo, May 8, 2009.

1. Diablo

Diablo LawnSite Member

Hey everybody, my name is Mike and I just got my Lawn Maintenance/Landscaping business going here in Colorado Springs. I started in the business in 1998 in North Carolina where I owned a similar business that was fairly successful until September 11th when I got all patriotic and joined the Army. I have served seven years with the United States Army Special Forces and have just finished up and started landscaping again. For now I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab, a Blue Bird Aerator, a commercial series Troy Bilt 21" mower, Husky Trimmer, Backpack Blower, Chainsaw and tree pruner and about a million hand tools. I haven't signed any year round contracts yet but I'm optimistic! I have been busy as heck with aerating this week......it's my first week taking on customers. If you guys have any advice/lessons learned for an eager entrepreneur looking to grow feel free to send them my way, I would certainly appreciate it.

Nice to meet you all, Mike.:usflag:

2. turfbuilder

turfbuilder LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from WI

Welcome to the forum and good luck this season.

Thank You for your service to our country!! :usflag::weightlifter::usflag:

3. Diablo

Diablo LawnSite Member

Thanks Turfbuilder, and it was my pleasure.:usflag: