1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Just in time.... price increases

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Sep 23, 2011.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Just in time for another dip in the economy; price increase announcements. I just read that Hunza will be increasing all of its prices by 5% effective October 1st.

2. starry night

starry night LawnSite Gold Member

Et tu Illumicare?

3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I am pretty sure every fixture, bulb, wire, and connector that we use has went up this year. Along with the average we paid for a gallon of gas. My employees also pretty much expected a raise this year. I mentioned this in a thread back in the spring. I raised my prices to compensate for increased costs, and although we gave higher bids, we still did more jobs and closed more sales that last year. I think we may be faring better than other areas of the country however.

4. ELumin8

ELumin8 LawnSite Member

Last Thursday I placed an order with Lite-scape and on Friday Jaret told me that Nightscaping had revised their pricing, at first I thought, oh man here we go again...

But to my surprise he told me the revision had "reduced" the order by $800 he said Nightscaping has adjusted their pricing back to 2001 levels. Needless to say I appreciate the honesty Jaret, and I appreciate the effort from Nightscaping. My client has now added a couple more illuminators.