1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just landed 20 NEW contracts details inside!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by new lawn, Oct 10, 2000.

1. new lawn

new lawn LawnSite Member

I once replied to a posting here about ways to get new contracts. I said I target seniors and I was going to a local senior's bazzarr where I had a 6 foot table to sell my service. I cut a piece of wood to fit the table then went to the local sod farm and laid the sod on the wood (giving the appearance of a freshly cut lawn) I gave away flowers with my business card attached and had many pictures of customers that I already do. They loved my display it was by far the best one there. I had forms for them to fill out requesting an estimate for spring 2001. I really had no idea what the turn out would be but, in 4 hours I had over 40 requests for an estimate. I have already done about 25 of them (they were in my area)and 20 of them singed the contract on the spot! WOW! I am on cloud nine. It's not even the end of the year and I have 20 New Contracts for next year! My advertising costs will be so much lower next year. My total cost for the bazzarr was about $100 (flowers ran me $50) Where else can you do this and get such a responce? And the good thing is all these Seniors live close to where I already mow. I will say it again check this out folks it's worth it!

2. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Good job, newlawn, and good thinking! :)

-TGC

3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm green with envy.....

4. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Wow great thinking. Nice to see such a great progress.

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Good job New Lawn :)
    Thanks for sharing your good idea.

6. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the idea!!

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Not to be pesamistic but.... 20 new seniors..... have fun! I am working to get rid of all my senior costomers because 98 percent of them are cheap and expect 100 bucks worth of work for there 25 dollars. Most that I have worked for also strongly beleave that they are my only costomer and that i should put everyone else aside to run over and plant a new bagonia they just bought from home depot. Even though i have had nothing but negative experiences working for seniors hopefully it will work out better for you! best of luck!

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'll have to agree with Evan on this one. Yes, I have some nice senoir customers. But most can be very trying. They think that your just waiting at home doing nothing , and should jump at their phone call.

9. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Lets not knock the seniors, cause we will be there someday.(LOL) Some of them are ok to work for, and I am sure that New Lawn will drop them if they try to fannagle him. I have worked for some of them that are pretty bad and learned that they aren't the ones that I cater to the most. I treat them like anyone that I would. Business is Business.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Seniors, or non seniors, it is still a fine example of great marketing!