1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Just mow it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadA, Apr 27, 2008.

1. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone still have a link to just mow it's post about his business plan. I wanted to check it out.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

There now are a bunch of them.....try search google on Just mow it.....

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

From what I remember it was as simple as here's the price take it or leave it. He had set prices for different acerages. He ran 21" mowers only I believe and Ranger P/U outfitted with customized beds with 1 and 2 man crews.

4. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

I'd hadn't heard of just mow it so I googled it. Came up with nothing

5. ironman1994

ironman1994 LawnSite Member

changed his website. google TJ Justice Just Mowing. He changed his website for the third time that I know of.

6. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

7. ironman1994

ironman1994 LawnSite Member

KJones

That would be the site. Like I said he's changed it up a few times, but I like it. Straight forward and to the point.

8. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

I know he has been really successful. But I just don't see how he services for such low prices. I know the lots are small, but only using 21" mowers and priced at an average of $30. Wow! If I lived in his area, I would have him service my property too.
    He doesn't charge enough for customers wanting mowing bi-weekly or every 3weeks. Nor does he punish (for lack of a better word) them enough for Thursday or Friday service. $1 more for that. :laugh: I just don't see how he can charge so little with fuel prices so high now. But, like I said what ever he is doing is working. I just don't know if he makes much of a profit. He must though. He seems to stay staffed well too. I wonder if and how he retains his employees?

9. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

I like the pictures of the house with stipes in it, clearly not a 21, and some of those stripes were gawd awful crooked!