1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just Realized

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassyfras, Jun 22, 2004.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I just realized that I havnt used double blades since the end of last summer and I havn't regreted not having them on my mower since. I think they just make a mess with clippings getting thrown everywhere and you still have to double cut the lawn if its too high IMO. Anyone else notice this. Im using a 36" exmark metro hp(floating deck) 15 Kawasaki engine, so power isn't an issue.

So no one asks on another Thread"WHat are double blades" yada yada yada, they are when you put 2 blades in a x or + pattern. No spacers or anyhing required tighten as you normally do. All they do is cut up grass clippings smaller and chute them out your mower farther.(Point of this thread is that I dont see them being nessasary)

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

from what ive seen they just make it look like a hay pile everywhere. i dont like doubles, if they worked they would come standard.

3. CuttersCove

CuttersCove LawnSite Member

I tried the doubles also and didn't like them. I ended up double cutting so I couldn't find a reason to have them on there.

The throw out was nice, but like I said still had to double cut.

4. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I quit using the X Blades because they threw the grass too far. I will pull them back out when leaf season hits.