• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Just starting out.. what apps websites to use?

Mikeorl

LawnSite Member
I use GoDaddy for the Website. it seems to work pretty well; although im not that tech savvy so it probably doesn't get updated (new posts, pictures, etc) as often as I should. I use Square for the Credit Card and invoicing, it works for me. if I was bigger I might look into Jobber or one of the bigger software programs. but im not there yet. I am a solo guy right now.

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
This guy Craig has a list that you can post your services on to increase revenue. Craigslist.org. Surprisingly a lot of people sign on there to search for businesses to hire for yard work. It costs 5 bucks to make a post but it’s worth it especially starting out. As far as a website GoDaddy is the easiest if you want to do it yourself. Eventually there will be a time you decide to hire a pro and get SEO and all that fancy stuff but it takes money.

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
There is also Angie’s list but I don’t think it works as well as Craig’s list.

OP
bluegrassbeaverking

bluegrassbeaverking

LawnSite Member
I use GoDaddy for the Website. it seems to work pretty well; although im not that tech savvy so it probably doesn't get updated (new posts, pictures, etc) as often as I should. I use Square for the Credit Card and invoicing, it works for me. if I was bigger I might look into Jobber or one of the bigger software programs. but im not there yet. I am a solo guy right now.
How you liking the business? I'm about to start next season on the side.

TSP Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
Run like hell from godaddy, don’t use them.
??? Whats your reasoning? I went through go daddy for domain name and other products. Whats so bad about this?

grass man 11

LawnSite Senior Member
If you ask any developer they will tell you to
Run away fast for many reasons. I found this out after the issues that I had.

My own reason. Twice, go daddy changed their security policy without telling us. And yes I truly mean twice they didn’t tell us. We called them and they admitted they didn’t tell us. Where the problem comes in, those security updates closed off our webform. Both issues where about 14 months apart. The first was 7 weeks and the 2nd was 3 weeks. Our clients/leads would fill out of webform and have a normal experience. The email that we normally would get indicating that we had a new lead, was never sent to us because the form was never submitted due to the security issue. We didn’t notice it because lucky it was winter time and we still had leads calling in. But some started to question why we had not called them
First. That’s how we found out, people complaining they went on our site and we didn’t reach out to them. I asked go daddy about this, and they claimed they had the right to change anything they want at anytime without any notice. Based off data before and after the issues occurred, we think it cost us a total of 50 accounts, $400,000 customer life value.

Move your crap off go daddy. It cost me a lot
Of money compared to what we pay them. Lots of other great hosting companies.