1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Just Starting Out, what trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bigexpo, Aug 1, 2006.

1. bigexpo

bigexpo LawnSite Member

hey im going to start mowing and show my customers what i can do this year so i can get them back next year. so i want to learn as much as possible before next years season. well my question is what is a good size trailer for mowing, me being 16 and just starting out. im goign to get a used push mower and a nice trimmer, blower. what size trailer should i get and what price range am i looking at. nothing fancy. im a simple man. haha

2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

5x8 Or 5x10. But i think the 8 footer should be just fine. If you have a Home Depot near you. You can go there and buy one of them 5x8 Snowbear trailers for $300-400.

3. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

When I was 16 I bought a 16' landscape trailer. I tell ya, get the biggest possible trailer you can afford. The dealer wanted me to buy a 10' but I opted out to get the 16' so I could tow my dad's Nova. Now that i'm 18, the trailer is too small. I want a 24' in the next 2 years

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We started with a small trailer that would fit easily into the garage. And small ones are easy to push around by hand.

5. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Normally I would say 16' double axle, but if you have is a push mower you might think about one of those hitch mounted platforms that are 2' x 4'. Applicators in my area use them for those ride on spreaders. Have you ever seen what I'm talking about? I think their good for 500 lbs or so and would probably cost a couple hundred.