1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Just starting out

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by HeloPilot, May 27, 2008.

1. HeloPilot

HeloPilot LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I have a schedule that is two weeks working and two weeks off each month. I have been looking into different fields of work and I started to think about the services that I use that I would like to see done better. One of the ideas that I have been toying around with is lawn care. I know that with my schedule I would need to hire another person, but what are the ins and outs of making something like this work? When I was a teenager about 15 years ago this was how I made my spending cash. I had 12 regular lawns that I handled. I know how to go get the work, or at least get some work. i live in an upper middle class community where new houses continue to spring up and I believe that the people buying houses right now probably aren't in the money crunch many are in. What ideas can you give me on things like equipment? Push or zero-turn mowers? Any advice would be great. Thanks