1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Just Starting out

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Mikes Lawn Landscape, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Mikes Lawn Landscape

    Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas
    Messages: 458

    Just wanted to say hello. I 've been working with a family member this year in his lawn business and decided to go out on my own. There is a lot of good info on this site, I hope I can contibute a little bit of info now and then. A question for my fellow Texans, I have studied the requirements for liscensing in Texas and am a little confused. What liscense is required to do roundup apps and fert apps.

    Thanks for the help
  2. rkbrown

    rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 533

    Welcome Mikes !!!

    Pearland near Houston here. You need a pest applicators license that is obtained from the Texas Dept. of Ag (as opposed to the Structural Pest Control Board). There should be some info on the Texas Dept. of Ag site.
  3. Team Gopher

    Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -
    Messages: 4,040

    Hi Mike,

    Review this link for more information on getting your license.
  4. ffemt1271

    ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,285

    welcome to the biz, mike. if i can be of any help-just e-mail me at ffemt1271@hotmail.com (i'm located about 250 miles east of you

Share This Page