1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

JUST STARTING OUT

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn shark, Jan 15, 2001.

1. lawn shark

lawn shark LawnSite Member

MY NAME IS MIKE I AM JUST STARTING IN THE BUSINESS AND I NEED LOTS OF INFO. I AM PLANNING ON DOING THIS PART TIME AND NEED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF MACHINES ARE RELIABLE ETC.I WANTED TO KNOW IF I SHOULD BE INC OR NOT. I PLAN ON DOING MAINLY RESIDENTAL PROPERTIES. I NEED HELP FROM THE EXPERTS..THANKS

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Here is your first LawnSite.com tip. DONT POST IN ALL CAPS!! SEE HOW IT SEEMS LIKE I AM YELLING AT YOU!!!

OK, use the search feature on lawnsite.com and Erics new search feature.... http://www.elmlawnsite.com/lawnsite_post_links.htm

Chuck Keough
    LawnSite.com

3. lawn perfections

lawn perfections LawnSite Member

i would find out what dealers are around you first. it is always good to have your dealer as close as possible. i would look at exmark, walker, and scag just to name a few. see what people around you are using..

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Fist of all if your going in as a part timer without a load of capital and very few accounts, i would lean towards a hydro walkbehind.Check the classifieds, you might get a real sweet deal. You can find good deals on used trailers also. Then a trimmer,blower will get you off to a good start.And if in the future you wish to grow in the business with some of your first,second,ect,yrs you can purchase the needed equipment as needed. I know to many start out spending most of there money on everything, but as a newcomer you must have some dollars put away for emergencies. Thats just my opinion If youve got the accounts and a ton of money get the best you can.

5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry about Fist that should be First, I can spell but sure can't type.