1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

just thought i'd share

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by petekief, Apr 24, 2007.

1. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

Saturday i was cutting a ditch across the street from a VFW. The parking lot was near empty. The two or three vehicles that were there seemed a safe enough distance away. I was using my 48" cub walkbehind and wasn't too concerned with the direction of discharge. Well, out of the back door and across the lot towards a brand new shinny gold pick-up comes this oversized, overtanned, short cropped overly blond haired women. She is waring a short too tight tan printed sunsuit of some kind. She is somewhere between 50 and 60 i'de guess. She looks my way and is saying something i can't hear over the mower and with my ear protection but she seems she might be adjitated so i shut off the blades and turn it down to idle and take off the muffs and begin to walk towards her. What she is saying in a very thick eastern shore accent is "that thangs throwing stones over here an it's hittin my pick-up!!" I appologize and turn the mower to cut away from the road - wich is my normal procedure - but what was odd was my concern with what i am finding attractive these days . . .

2. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

Hmm...I think I just learned a new way to pick up older women :laugh: :laugh:

3. laird006

laird006 LawnSite Member

that accent is very familiar. Which VFW was this.

4. petekief

westover - i think she was cleaning - i think she carried a vacuum in at one point - where you at?

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Wait a min........... Did I read you correctly.... you took your head outta there?

6. petekief

LMAO - now THATS funny!