1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

just tried amsoil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vipermanz, Apr 24, 2003.

1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i just switched all my 2-cycle equipment to amsoil 100-1 mix and i am impressed with the results, i must say that everyone here that gave it rave reviews before was absolutely right, It's Good Stuff!!!!!!! I am trying the 4-cycle oil too, i'll have to let it quit raining before i know how good it is:D

Thanks to all who recommend this product, Now i can too!!!!:) :)

2. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Can you tell us what differences you notice??

3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: ken, i use the 2 cycle w/ premium unleaded and the machine seems to run longer, (time in between fill -ups), and seems to be stronger. ive yet to have engine failure since using and almost no carbon build up. tony

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Mine too, seemed to have more power

5. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using the 2 cycle amsoil for about a year and a half.
    The plugs have never fouled, the equipment seems like it has more power. Love it, one mix for all 2 cycle equipment!!! I had a hand held blower, and a home cheepo hedge trimmer and they would not run at all, well I cleaned the plugs and stuff and put amsoil in them, guess what they still run today and better. I have given them to my son, with amsoil mix gas. he is hard on small engines so we will see how long they last.

I haven't tried the premium fuel, but I will give it a try.

6. BrianWilson

BrianWilson LawnSite Member

I'm sorry but I don't think it is a good idea to use an oil in any engine that has the word "SOIL" in it's name......

But that's just me :):):

7. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Its a synthetic product so there's no "Soil" in it, ;)

I have noticed hardly any or very little smoke come out of my 2 cycles, i found also they seemed to be a little smoother too.

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm impressed so far as well. This will be my 3rd season on Amsoil 2 cycle mix. I haven't decarboned any mufflers since! I replaced plugs in the small stuff this Spring and was impressed at how clean they all were. I will probably pull the mufflers this coming month when things start to slow down and see how they are. But I was doing a DE-carbon job at least twice a season if not more when I ran ECHO 50:1!!!

I also like their HEAVY DUTY synthetic grease. Nice and heavy, real thick and it STAYS PUT! Doesn't rinse off with a hose either!

I'm not a full believer in their motor oils so far....Something about their lack of API ratings that scares me. :eek:

I also don't like the AMWAY like pyramid marketing scheme. I wish I could just go out to Wal-Mart and buy it!!!

9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I also don't like the AMWAY like pyramid marketing scheme. I wish I could just go out to Wal-Mart and buy it!!!

I can buy it from amsoil, but my local polaris dealer sells it so I usually get it there.

10. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

Let me get this right your using a 100:1 ratio in your 2 cycle equipment all of mine use anywhere from 25:1 - 50:1 ratios with my golf carts using 100:1 ratio. If this is the case I can see why they don't smoke or carbon up theres almost no oil in the fuel mixture. I might have this all wrong if so just ignore this post.