1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Just Wanted To Say Thanks !!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfer, Jun 23, 2000.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Turfer, keep up the good work. I used to be a Union Carpenter Foreman before I started mowing in 1985, so if you have any questions, email me. If came in handy even in this business. I made a cab for my JD for the winter (See equipment page my website) and I've made a 22 bushel lawn vac for the 3 point hitch on the JD also. I do carpentry, plumbing, and electrical jobs in the winter when I'm not plowing snow.<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>The Grass is always Greener on the other side of my competitors fence

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Turfer, sounds great! In my opinion you probably stand a better chance of succeeding being the age you are. I'm not saying anything against youth so please everyone don't send any hate mail, but being the age you are you have the competitive edge against a yungin, older folks will relate better to you and feel that you might serve them better. Go for it, I'm 38 now and this has been my best year yet (May 98 went full time) I'm working my skinny little butt off but hey, better for me than you know who. I was scared to leave that comfy &quot;position&quot; as well, it was secure but I was getting nowhere real fast, I was literally working myself broke. We all know you can do it, you have too much to lose like I did if you don't! I know there were many who thought I would be back begging for my job back or any job that was available but I think they have shut up now!<p>Go get 'em<p>Homer<p>