k100 fuel treatment

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by TJB Lawn Service, Nov 25, 2017.

1. TJB Lawn Service

TJB Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    Male, from Watertown, NY

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

where do you buy it?

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

looks like almost any auto parts store

4. TJB Lawn Service

Male, from Watertown, NY

There is a store locator on their website just type in your zip. I know you can find it at any NAPA auto parts store if you have them. If neither work for you, it looks like you can shop directly on their website by clicking the "shop" link up top. Let me know if you get any and how you like it!

5. Eric502

Eric502 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kentucky

Interesting. I am surprised they did not discuss how it may treat ethanol in a more direct manner. Instead they discussed it indirectly, how it treats water which is what makes ethanol sutch a pain. Seems like jumping on the ethanol wagon would be a better marketing strategy.

My problem with any product like this is that it is usually good at one or two things, but not so much at everything it states. I am sure this is a good formula for combating water in your system, and thus I would assume also an ethanol treatment. And so it seems it would be good for up to two years storage which is about the standard and certainly more than I need as far as time. But few of these products are ever very good at cleaning the system.

6. Eric502

Eric502 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kentucky

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i don't go to auto parts stores very often so i guess maybe that's why i haven't seen it on the shelves. i mostly go to walmart since everything there is cheaper. :laugh:

the winter here is so short i don't think you even have to add anything to the gas. it's only about 2 months long. i put some stabil in there sometimes though. usually i'm still using the mower until late december/early jan and then i'm starting the season back up in late feb/early march. so really not enough downtime to worry about it. i always crank the mower up and let it run 5min during jan and feb as well to keep the battery charged up.

8. TJB Lawn Service

Male, from Watertown, NY

Even with no winter I would think cool nights with warm days (plus high humidity, not to mention) with create condensation build up in tank. I run it in my f-250 diesel every other fill up because its a great injector cleaner too

9. Lithium Man

Lithium Man LawnSite Member

Ace hardware sells it.

10. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Silver Member

He said there were no harmful alcohols, yet as shown, there is clearly alcohol. Harmful isn’t defined. He could mean “if you drink it”, for all we know.. Or he may mean it has the least harmful form to rubber and other components. Harmful to what degree and how? It’s all in the wording. Or he may just not know his onions.

Summer is worse for gas storage than winter. The heat is more oxidizing, evaporation is greater, the humidity is higher, and the combined temperature swings and humidity changes have a greater effect toward condensation forming than in winter. But then, if there is water in winter fuel that isn’t treated, you have a greater chance of parrafin gelling or ice forming and problems arising from that. Gas that sits through summer can get fouled to a greater degree than would an equivalent winter storage of gas.

Eric502 and hort101 like this.