1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

K2500 seatbelt.....

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mcwlandscaping, Apr 3, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

The passenger side seatbelt on my truck became locked for some reason after you pull about 8 inches of belt out......however, i cannot get the bolt going into the floor of the truck to budge so i can get to the inner working of the belt mechanism.....is there some trick to getting this off? I don't want to remove just the plastic cover since it is riveted on.....

btw, and i know its not just full of dirt and unlubricated as i keep it very well lubricated, i think just something is tangled or caught in there!
    thanks
    -mike-

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like your seatbelt committed suicide in there. I had one do that on my 94 2500. Those bolts are a PITA to get out. I think they have some sort of permanent lock tight or something, since they are made to withstand a wreck and not pull out. You may need to use an impact gun to get it to budge, that is what I did

3. mcwlandscaping

Dad fixed it while i was at band practice, he had to pull a few things apart in there, and its not all back together the right way, but, the seatbelt works as it is suppose to now!!!

-thanks guys!!-

4. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Thats the 1st time I've ever heard of someone lubricating a seatbelt

5. mcwlandscaping

The dumbell mechanism inside can get dirt in it and become locked as it does like when you brake hard or get in an accident......it's a pita!