Lawn Care Forum banner
61 - 80 of 306 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
may be time to order a second bagging unit!!!
My goal in the next two years is to have two 18yd dumps (or 1x 18yd & 1x 10yd) pulling tag alongs. Two machines a T300/T320 sized CTL and a 4wd backhoe loader. Plus a crew cab 4500/5500 series truck pulling a 24 or 28' enclosed trailer for carrying the all our supplies for emergency response.(bales of sandbags, generators, lights, lubricants/tools for machines, cots for us to sleep on etc...)

5year goal is to provide emergency sandbagging response across the gulf south (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida).
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #63 ·
Congrats man, moving on up! I would do that bag rehab hourly
For the filled bags they want a per bag price. First order should be between 20k-50k bags.

For the pallets of bag rehab I'm going to factor in a week or even a months rental of a T650. For ease o moving the weight around of the pallets of bags.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #65 ·
Looks like word is starting to spread about my company. Got a call today from the head o emergency management for our local public school system. Wants to order around 2k prefilled bags on pallets of 50 to stage at all the schools.
Posted via Mobile Device

Looks like word is starting to spread about my company. Got a call today from the head o emergency management for our local public school system. Wants to order around 2k prefilled bags on pallets of 50 to stage at all the schools.
Posted via Mobile Device
That sounds like a good sized order.

Discussion starter · #68 ·
Few pics of the sandbag rehab job we are pricing. Before the rain got me, I counted approx 400 pallets/damaged pallets of bags. Close to 20k sandbags to go through.
Posted via Mobile Device

Idk about pricing but I would just dump them all in a pile to rebag. A broom on a skid steer would probably help putting all the sand into a pile.

Uline has bags, idk pricing on them just an observation
Posted via Mobile Device

Can you double stack those pallets? I know when I worked at the lumber yard it was just pure laziness that led to big messes like that, with shingles in our case. And with shingles being my area it fell on me to make it right. This is a very different business to me and I look forward to more updates.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just spitballing here but they wanted a per bag price to reorganize right? Have you arrived at a per bag price to make and sell? Subtraxt the price of material from that price and you should have a close number. Just as much if not more handling going on but the hard part is done, the sand is in the bags. Half of the pallets look like the top few layers just need reorganizing.
Posted via Mobile Device

61 - 80 of 306 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.