Lawn Care Forum banner
121 - 140 of 306 Posts
I think if you can get into a specialty/niche environment you can cut out a lot of low ballers. But as it was said, they will always be there, the thing about specialty work is that they may be adverting licenses, fees, taxes, whatever. It's tough being legit....
There will always be copycats. I think part of the key to success is to keep innovating and stay diversified. When I started mulching in my area, I was the only one with a compact machine. Didn't take long for guys to start jumping in to "make a killin' " as one guy told me. I was shocked to see guys offering similar services for $30 and $50 less per hour and promising the world to people.

The lowballers will never get it. They don't understand business and they don't understand sacrifice. When their machines are broke, they are also too broke to get them fixed. It's frustrating and I'm glad you found a niche. Keep growing and expanding and new lines of revenue will show up. Good luck!

Discussion starter · #123 ·
Finally got the details on the project we are pricing to provide sandbags etc...

We are pricing to provide sandbags (50# small bags, 80# concrete/sand bags, 3000# Bulk totes & woven reinforced polyethylene covering for the barriers)

this could be the contract that puts us into the big leagues.

Discussion starter · #126 ·
Well we received an email this morning from Keiwet Infrastructure. Inviting us to join their supplier database in order to bid on several upcoming projects they have going on in our area.

Can't wait to get the new graphics on my truck so I can get the new company out in the open.
Posted via Mobile Device

Way to go Jacob! Any word on a tracked skid steer? Also mabee I am just dumb , but wouldn't mixing concrete (lots of silica) with sand in sand bags that are goin to be placed by a watercourse a bad idea? If one of those broke open here and the concrete got into a water course we would get crucified.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #129 ·
Lil sneak peek on the new truck graphics. The crescent will be a different blue. It didn't show up right on the screen. I wanted simple and bold.

Posted via Mobile Device

I think it looks good. The only thing i would change is the phone number on the passenger window, i would incorporate it into the logo and use the same color scheme.
Posted via Mobile Device

121 - 140 of 306 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.