Lawn Care Forum banner

Kansas City!!!!

672K views 4K replies 271 participants last post by  KCGreenCare 
#1 Ā·
Who's from the Kansas City Metro area. Let's all sign - in and then we'll have a list to contact when we have a question or want to get the word out about something.

#6 Ā·
Hey, I am from Johnson County here.

I mainly mow in Shawnee. I do lawn maintence and landscaping.

If anyone evers needs a sub-contractor, just give me a shout, i am always looking for work. You can chat with me on aol im, screen name is pacamaroz28

Thanks,

Andrews' Lawn and Landscape

#8 Ā·
Bruce, Flyer have been minimally sucessful. I think I started a little tioo early. The last group go out this Thursday --- Sio I hope for the best turn out from these. Another 5,000 tot he same people who got them two weeks ago. C'mon warm weather!!!!!

Lombardi, Sorry about missing your earlier post. I get my Mulch from Suburban usually -- it's convenient. Cedar goes for $22.99. Not too bad for around here. I also sometimes go out to a place in Martin city called Mulch mart. I talked with a guy yesterday that would sell me Cedar for 16.00 a yard but it was for a semi load -- 100 yard min. I don't have that kind of space unfortunately -- his number is 913-541-1153

Rooster very close. remember we talked earlier -- you knew of my gramps, Virgil. From the Shawnee Legion Post 327 . You were honored at my wife's school as a veteran.

#9 Ā·
Does anybody have any suggestions where an economical place to dump yard debris is.

Alot of times after doing various landscaping jobs I'll have alittle brush or dirt, or just basically junk-- but all organic compostable type of stuff. Last year I had a agreement with another landscaping company to dump at their site -- but that isn't going to work this year -- I have to find a new place.

What do you think -- any ideas? Deffenbaugh is too frickin expensive to even consider!

#15 Ā·
Just wanted to ask what wholesale nursery you guys use around here in Kansas City. I am thinking about buying from Hermes Nursery but I don't know if they are the cheapest. Any input on this would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows the cheapest place around Johnson County, let me know. Hermes wants $25.00 for oak double shredded. That sounds a little high for a wholesale price.

Thanks.

#18 Ā·
Ever been to rosehill?
155 & prospect
They have lots of plant material
There is also Kokopelli out in lenexa
And hermes over by deffenbaugh
I have a deal worked out with a grower in kcks, I buy his annuals and I can dump for free!
We should all meet up at the Stack and get some BBQ

How about Suburbans new setup? Looks like a palace. Have a feeling they still have some kinks to work out.

#19 Ā·
Those of you from Kansas City, KS....I have a question.
I just came from a trailer service business and there was a guy telling me about some laws that I was not aware of, but maybe you can tell me if it's true.

For a commercial truck and trailer you HAVE to have:
1) Truck and trailer inspected by DOT
2) Carry fire extinguisher and triangles at all times
3) With tandem axles, BOTH have to have brakes
4) DOT tape around trailer and emergency break away cable

I was getting an estimate for a hitch and receiver mounted on a 2 ton truck. I was trying to sell me the wiring for the brake controller along with the brake controller. Not sure if he was just trying up sale everything, or if there was truth to his words. I have the DOT tape, brakes on 1 axle and emergency brake cable. He went on further to say that the DOT is cracking down on the weekend landscaper and they will shut you down in a heartbeat.

Any experience or knowledge? Mainly worried about having to get trucks and trailer inspected and having brakes on both axles.

Thanks
MATT

#4,457 Ā·
Those of you from Kansas City, KS....I have a question.
I just came from a trailer service business and there was a guy telling me about some laws that I was not aware of, but maybe you can tell me if it's true.

For a commercial truck and trailer you HAVE to have:
1) Truck and trailer inspected by DOT
2) Carry fire extinguisher and triangles at all times
3) With tandem axles, BOTH have to have brakes
4) DOT tape around trailer and emergency break away cable

I was getting an estimate for a hitch and receiver mounted on a 2 ton truck. I was trying to sell me the wiring for the brake controller along with the brake controller. Not sure if he was just trying up sale everything, or if there was truth to his words. I have the DOT tape, brakes on 1 axle and emergency brake cable. He went on further to say that the DOT is cracking down on the weekend landscaper and they will shut you down in a heartbeat.

Any experience or knowledge? Mainly worried about having to get trucks and trailer inspected and having brakes on both axles.

Thanks
MATT
He is speaking the truth. Dot is cracking down. We were pulled over and not we are dot compliant.

#20 Ā·
Hello Guys, Im out here in Shawnee. Im going to mow full time this year. I do lawn renovations, landscape design and install, sprinkler install and maint as well as chemical applications. Who sells the red mulch for the lowest price? If you need someone to brush hog a field or two give me a call. After we eat at the Martin City bbq can we go to the Stilwell Smokehouse sometime?

#25 Ā·
Blue Springs rental on 40 hwy told me they had them. I haven't actually gotten one, but called and they said they had them available.

Rate was $11 per hour w/ 2 hour min or $60 per day, I believe.

Are you interested in work in Raymore area?

I am getting a few calls out of the Lee's Summit paper from out there, and I really don't want to go out that way.

Let me know, if you are, I will pass on your name to any people from that direction that call me.

#26 Ā·
Man -- I did all of your work for you. I needed one the other day and I called every place in town. United rental is the only place that has them -- both the one in Olathe and the one in Martin City. $22/hr - 2hr min.

It is the trench master -- I love that machine -- it works like a pro!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.