• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

kaw fh500v governor/idle/carb issues

AGM Inc.

LawnSite Member
on my fh5oov it has the electric carb shut off. there is no idle screws or anything. the problem m having is the high idle speed raises too full throttle by itself. I have all my governor springs correct and governor adjusted. while its running i can hold the throttle on the carb and its fine but once i let go it raises back up. i have no control if the rpm. any ideas?

FIXDISS

LawnSite Senior Member
This seems to be a continuation of a previous post so my question is are you sure you connected the governor control spring properly ? If you adjusted the governor properly then I believe with the engine not running you should have spring tension on the governor arm that is pulling the lever in a manner as to activate full throttle. I believe that would mean the lever on the governor shaft would have slight tension on as you push downward on the end of lever and the throttle control in the slow position.Just my half-fast opinion .....

OP
AGM Inc.

AGM Inc.

LawnSite Member
This seems to be a continuation of a previous post so my question is are you sure you connected the governor control spring properly ? If you adjusted the governor properly then I believe with the engine not running you should have spring tension on the governor arm that is pulling the lever in a manner as to activate full throttle. I believe that would mean the lever on the governor shaft would have slight tension on as you push downward on the end of lever and the throttle control in the slow position.Just my half-fast opinion .....
there is almost no tension on the governor.

FIXDISS

LawnSite Senior Member
If you push the throttle control toward "fast" position(engine off) does the tension on the governor lever increase ?