Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't care for the KAI stock air filter system. It sucks up a lot of junk that floats over the deck. I found myself cleaning the prefilter 2x a day in dusty conditions and I have to replace the filter on this engine more often than my other mowers. The mower is a 52" TTHP.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
lwcmattlifter said:
I don't care for the KAI stock air filter system. It sucks up a lot of junk that floats over the deck. I found myself cleaning the prefilter 2x a day in dusty conditions and I have to replace the filter on this engine more often than my other mowers.
You Hit the Nail Squarely On the Head....The KAI Series AF's Suck Large...http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=111853&highlight=kai

Thanks for the Conversion Kit Pics...

·
Registered
613 Posts
please provide the part number. But, I clean my filter every month and there is crap on the pre filter, but the paper is clean. Are you sure what you got is necessary?? It looks pretty damn good, how much did that cost?? Thanks

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ever tapped your air filter on a bench to see how much dirt is really in it? You would be surprised. If I can get 25-40 hrs out of one i'm doing good. With this setup I only have to change the filter once a year. No more prefilter, no cleaning paper elements trying to prolong their life..... For me this was absolutely necessary. I paid $225 for the kit. When I called several local dealers they all told me the parts don't exist. Next, I called Kawasaki and they gave me the part number. I called the dealer, said order xyz and the was it. Anyone that is a Kawasaki power equipment dealer can get the kit for you. I'll get a part number ASAP.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I just put a Donaldson air filter kit on our 2003 Scag Tiger Cub. We bought it form Travis at Landscape Supply for $150. Our 2004 Cub came with a Donaldson from the factory. The filter stays clean for a long time and it helps to prolong the life of the motor. We were spend $150 or more a year just on air filters. ($15 a piece)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I thought I would bring this thread back to life to see if I could find some help.

I just bought a new KAI 19, and saw this thread about the air filter. My LMS told me that they haven't had any complaints on the stock air filter or requests for the Donaldson type filter. But I told him about the info I found here and wanted to get a price for it. ___ $319+tax___ :hammerhead: That is a huge jump from 4yrs ago when (lwcmattlifter) got it for __$225__

Can anyone shed some light on a place that sells it cheaper? So far I'm having no luck online.

I would have thought that if the filter was that much of an issue, KAW would have just made the canister style standard issue.

Thanks in Advance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.