• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Kawasaki 25 vs. Kohler 27

robertyb

LawnSite Member
I have seen mowers that are basically the same except they have two options standard, the 25 hp Kawasaki air cooled or the 27 hp Kohler air cooled motors. Same price , you choose. Which motor is the better choice and why is it better?

Scraper

LawnSite Bronze Member
Originally posted by 65hoss
Kawi. 25 kawi makes more torque than the 27 kohler. Torque is where the grass is.
Exactly! My 25 Kawi rocks...along with my 17 Kawi...don't know as I'd ever go back to Kohler as long as the Kawi is an option.

Albemarle Lawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
You really can't tell them apart. The Kawasaki seems to be thirstier.

If you go Kawasaki make sure you have a cannister air filter, the kawi filters at $25+ are a rip off and they suck.

Pecker

LawnSite Bronze Member
I think my Kawi 25 V-twin is great. Plus, Kawi's are the easiest to start and most reliable of any engine.

GLS

LawnSite Bronze Member
I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I personally would choose the kawi.

If you go Kawasaki make sure you have a cannister air filter, the kawi filters at $25+ are a rip off and they suck.
Where can I get a canister air filter? I almost **** myself when I went into the dealer and paid $25 for one.

I looked for a canister filter a while back for my 757, but could only find ones for vertical shaft kawi's, and mine is a vertical shaft. I would love to have one.