1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kawasaki engine questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lee b, Dec 6, 2002.

1. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I have 2 questions - #1 is for anyone who has ran both the 25 kohler and the 25 kawi, how does the kawi compare power wise to the kohler? #2 I have been looking at the kawasaki website comparing the 27 liquid-cooled and the 29 liquid-cooled digital fuel-injected engines {thinking about a new max-frame deere z which offers both}. The 29 has 2 more horsepower, but torque lbs. is almost identical for both engines at 43 ft. lbs., why would anyone want to pay almost $1500.00 more for the 29DFI, when it doesn't offer anymore torque than the 27? I know the DFI would be alittle more fuel effecient, but for no power advantage, $1500.00 will buy alot of gas.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Is this the difference between a 27LC and a 29 LC DFI ? :confused:

Thats a LOT of money!

The torque is the same. I would have thought/hoped it would improve to the 45-46 lb/ft range, but the specs say no.

If you've ever driven a 25hp carbed Kohler and a 26hp EFI Kohler, its like NIGHT and DAY. I would think that the Kawi would be the same. Basically giving it more hp and torque "WHEN YOU NEED IT"!!!

I would personally like to see the govoner on my 27 be tweaked a bit more. I know the engine has more in it, but it seems to bog here and there at the slightest of things, yet when "mondo-mulching" a thick pile of mulched leaves in reverse, it really kicks in and powers up! (two bbl carb coming into play I think)

I feel that ALL our small engines have power there waiting to be tapped. Its just that the engine manufacturers are making their torque peaks too low for our 3600-3800 rpm range.