• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Kawasaki FC engine info

Redmaxmann01

LawnSite Member
What was the production years of the Kawasaki FC engine line? When did kawasaki officially end production of this engines line?

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
The FC was a very good engine. I have owned a few of them now and never had a single issue with any of them. This one is 30 years old going on 31 now. It still runs like a watch and doesn't use oil, and it has been used very extensively-
100_4860.jpg

lawnboy dan

LawnSite Platinum Member
i have many old fc150v.s still running strong from the late 80,s -9o,s. its the oil filter that makes the diff on these. first lawn mower engine i ever saw with oil filter

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
I have three of those too. One hasn't been started in years, but last time I ran it, it ran like is should. The other two I use fairly regularly and they both start first pull most of the time, run like they are new and neither uses oil. One is a '95 5.5 HP and the other a '97 6 HP.

OP
R

Redmaxmann01

LawnSite Member
Which? The engine or the raccoon?
lol sorry that raccoon wasn’t suppose to be added. Dam iPhones are touchy when it comes to adding photos. My apologies.

but yes the first one is the engine. On an encore pro 48 inch mower. It’s a made in Japan kawasaki. For the most part runs like new. I never nor did the previous owner adjust the values. Only General maintainece ( oil, filters, belts and plug) changes. Still fires up first pull and runs like a champ. Knock on wood!