Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 48 inch Viking with a 15 HP Kawasaki FH-430V-AS25-R engine operating at 3400 RPMs w/o PTO engaged. I believe the spec is 3600 +/- 50 RPM and the adjustment involves loosening the 2 10mm bolts on the throttle plate and moving the plate up or down, but which direction to increase on this engine?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
The book just sez move it up or down to get the correct speed. One way or the other, right.
Ya oughta invest in a Kaw. shop man. part #99924-2056-01.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bigfish. Yeah, it aint rocket science. Moved plate up too far (3700) and came back down abit and it settled on 3600 give or take and I was good to go. Amazing how much 200 RPMs makes on cut quality.

Bill

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Yeah, havin the motor spinnin at the right rpms makes a big diff. Puttin a tach to it is the ONLY way to be sure. Amazin how many people ( eckspecially using this forum ) don't use a tach!!
It's a shame the Kaw. site does'nt have any serv. man. for lookin at or downloadin, but you (read everybody that has a good mower) should invest in one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.