1. Countdown to live Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kawasaki Oil Usage

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by boatdude, Mar 28, 2005.

1. boatdude

boatdude LawnSite Member

Hey guys. Have you been told to expect, or experienced yourself, regular oil usage in you Kawasaki motors...12.5 - 15 h.p.? I was told that 1/2 to 3/4 of an ounce an hour is "normal". What is your experience?
    Thanks.
    bd

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Kawasaki 15 HP V-Twin engine on my Bob-Cat 48", belt drive WB ( which I love), and it doesen't burn any oil at all. 1/3 of an ounce of oil per hour sounds more like a relatively acceptable amount of oil being burned.

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Got the same mower as mkwl, no problems with it. I change and check the oil regularly and it never seems low.

4. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

i have two kawisaki 15hp twin v not one ever used oil ,the stander has 350 hr on it ,exmark going on one yr old

5. kmclawn

kmclawn LawnSite Member

I have a LX-188 with the 17 hp Kawi. motor and it has 980 hours on it and still shows no sign of oil usage.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've had a few single cylinder Kaws (12.5 to 14) and none of them ever used any oil.

7. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2 year old 15HP Kawi with around 700 hrs (ballpark, no hour meter) And it does not use a drop of oil. I check and change it regularly. Always on the full mark.

Kevin