Kawasaki Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KerryB, Aug 24, 2001.

1. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

First of all, many thanks to all of you. I have learned much in the two days since I joined LawnSite.
    My question is about string trimmers. Do any of you use or have used the Kawasaki KBL34A. How was/is it. Would you recommend it or another?

2. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

I can't recommend that trimmer, but what I can recommend is to try it if at all possible before you are commited to purchase. I have an echo, and absolutely hate it. Just personal preference by all means, but but would be much happier with the old HomeLite that I started with, honestly. I am sure they won't let you "demo" it, but if they have any kind of satisfaction gaurantee, that could save you from a costly mistake.

3. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, I was looking at the echo as well. What is it that you hate about the echo?

4. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

around here you can demo a trimmer just as easily as a mower.

5. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Around here it is nearly impossible to find a dealer that has a Demo mower too! Definately demo if you can. The echo to me seems rough and clunky. It could just be my unit, or that I am used to a smaller engine, I really dont know.

6. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

I think the Kaw sales pitch is try it for 10 days, if you don't like it they give you the money back. That particular model is a 33cc unit. I think it weighs around 11lbs, which is the same weight as the echo 2400 unit. The echo 2400 unit is probably the industry standard because of unit sales cc's/weight/price are all intertwined. The kaw seems to be the winner right now but you have to consider that they have been only producing these units for about 2 plus years. I still run the echo's that I got in 1974

7. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

personally i run shin's. second choice if i had to would probably be stihl.

8. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

we run several crews. and use redmax, robin, maryuama and kawasaki. We have six of the kawasaki kbl26 and like them very well if there is a downfall it is the muffler guard. I have tried a kbl34 and it has a lot of power but it is overkill for my guys.

Make sure your dealer gives good support on the trimmer that you by! Good Luck!

9. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I love echo equipment; particularly my string trimmers. Never had a problem with any echo stuff. I have used the 2100, 2400, 2501 (best trimmer ever), and now have a couple 2601. I would recommend the 2601 all day. 2100 is underpowered and anything over gthe 2601 or 260 is over powered for maintenance work. I have to admit that I never used anything else.

Just bought the new echo pb650, anxious to see how powerful it is.

rb

10. Robert Burnham

Robert Burnham LawnSite Member

I have two kawasaki KBL26A's and really like them. I used to run shindawa T27's and T230's but like to kawasaki's better, they are much lighter weight and have all the power you want. I am sold on them!!