1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

KAWASAKI TRIMMERS?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kountryscape, Feb 13, 2001.

1. kountryscape

kountryscape LawnSite Member
    from iowa

Just saw an ad in landscape management, about kawasaki trimmers . The as said they would give you $60.00 for your old trimmer, i have a old stihl in three parts worth nothing. so if i put it back together and trade is a kawasaki any good. the dealer is about 5 miles from my business. currntly have a homelight with a brush cutter attachment. i know the homelight isn't any better than that stihl in three parts . what do you think?

j. morgan
    countryscape
    "your backyard contractor"

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i just saw the kawasaki trimmers at the local lesco. they look really well built. if they are built as well as their motors, they should be a hit. i say go out and get one.

3. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Kawasaki trimmers are quite light and very powerful. They have one of the best horsepower to weight ratios of any trimmer. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Lynn

4. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

I love their engines but those oversized handles on their trimmers need to go! Russ

5. kountryscape

from iowa

so what is woung with the handle on the trimmer does it just get in the way.

6. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

It gets in the way and is so large it feels sloppy. We took a handle from an old Redmax and the trimmer is perfect. We have stick edgers but do a lot of edging with the trimmers and the large handles are too awkward. Demo one and see what you think. Russ

7. YardMaster Unlimited

YardMaster Unlimited LawnSite Member

Demoed the kaw trimmer today. Must say it seems to have a good bit of power. What was most impressive was the lack of vibration. Seems like this might be the way to go when there is a few hours worth of trimming to do. This will probably be the replacement for the old echo when it finally wears out.

8. kountryscape

from iowa

hey thanks for the info on the handle i'll have to go and demo one. anyone have their blowers or hedge trimmers?

thanks again jarrett morgan