1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kawi Blowing Smoke Fouling?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by vaulta, Apr 3, 2007.

1. vaulta

vaulta LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 48" Lesco Fc540v Kawi engine on it. The mower is starting right up with tons a white smoke coming out with choke on. As soon as I adjust the choke too idle it down the mower dies and the plug is wet. I cleaned the carb, the bowl is not stuck? Can water in the gas cause it too run rich? Any suggestions would be awsome.Thanx

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I have seen white smoke caused from condensation build-up in the crankcase, Has this unit sat up over the winter ? What's the oil level at ? When you cleaned the carb. out did you find water in the bowl ? Also, When you cleaned the carb. did you clean the tank and flush the fuel lines then replace the fuel filter ?

3. vaulta

vaulta LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Yea, the mower was sitting for a long time. The fuel filter looks real bad on it, can that make it run rich? I will try that, thanx restrorob

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

She'll be awrite, run some super unleaded through.