Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a lot of problems with my Kawi FC420V. Considering switching to a 15 hp Kohler Pro Series. Any problems with this decision? Also, for the time being, anyone know what the valve clearances are supposed to be on this machine ( i have heard a range from 4-9 thousandths). Even more important, I recently replaced the crankcase cover gasket, but I didn't tighten it down enough because it is leaking again. Anyone know the torque specs for the crankcase cover bolts and if I should put something like locktite on the bolts. I am afraid to do anything with this aluminum block. Thanks

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
daveslandscaping said:
I have been having a lot of problems with my Kawi FC420V. Considering switching to a 15 hp Kohler Pro Series. Any problems with this decision? Also, for the time being, anyone know what the valve clearances are supposed to be on this machine ( i have heard a range from 4-9 thousandths). Even more important, I recently replaced the crankcase cover gasket, but I didn't tighten it down enough because it is leaking again. Anyone know the torque specs for the crankcase cover bolts and if I should put something like locktite on the bolts. I am afraid to do anything with this aluminum block. Thanks
Book specs. are 230 in.lbs. on the sump and use locktite on the bolts, And 0.006 in. at tdc compression stroke on the valves.
I don't know of any problem going to the Kohler as long as the pto end of the crank is the same specs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.