• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Kelly Blue Book for Mowers?

bakerboy

LawnSite Member
Just wondering if there is a website for mowers like a Kelly Blue Book. I did a search on this website for past related topics and nothing came up. Didn't know if one even exists.
I was at my local dealer yesterday and they had an actual book, but didnt know if there is a website.

RonAyersMotorsports

LawnSite Senior Member
Generally a mower loses $1,200-1,500 worth of value off retail prices each year it gets older. Then you have to consider hours and abuse if any.

Darryl G

Inactive
It's tough to come up with standard prices on power equipment. It's so dependent on how it was treated and what options it has. Pretty hard to sell a an underpowered mower. Funny but a 48 inch hydro walk behind is often worth more than a 48 inch zero turn rider even though the initial cost of the rider is more.

OP
B

bakerboy

LawnSite Member
I cannot remember the name of the book my dealer was looking at.....maybe it was made by Walker.

The mower that I am curious about is a 1995 Walker MC 36" with the 16hp Kohler engine. It has 570 hours. Needs a couple things fixed on it, but is in pretty good overall condition.

The book said it was 500-700 tradin value and the MSRP was at the highest $1600. So that made me think the private party value would be around $1000.