1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

keystone block

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by jake22si, Jul 12, 2010.

1. jake22si

jake22si LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever worked with the keystone compaq wall block? It's 8hx18wx12d. I want to put some sand down to level it, which the company recommends and the base is on clay. I have already used a jumpin jack and added large stone to the base along with 3/4 and quickrete. Also fabric between sub and base gravel. I am in NH so have alot of movement, will this be OK? I tried setting the block on the gravel base but it is a sob to level. the sand would help out alot. Any expertice would help.

2. jake22si

jake22si LawnSite Member

it's all good now

3. Pittsburgh Stone83

Pittsburgh Stone83 LawnSite Member

Stay away from Keystone. I installed them for over 5years, they're junk. It's a commercial grade stone with a lot of in perfections and if you have to do a tight radius break out the Hilti and start drilling holes, because after a couple courses they won't line up for ****! Unilock's pisa 2 or versa lok standard units are a great introductory unit for any application.