1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Keystone Country Manor

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by kootoomootoo, Sep 9, 2007.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Ok you guys who use it I have read a few posts where guys have said there is deviation in thickness of the block and had to use 4 pallets to do a 2 pallet job etc. Is this still going on .....have a new dealer here and tempted to try it on a big job but dont want to get burnt. Obviously production screw ups can be regional.

Also I guess you can use the blocks in a closed pattern or an open pattern?
    ie solid both sides or tapered one side.. tapered = cheaper ...curious what u guys do.

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i personally do not like the country manor wall.
    I don't like the "pillow top" look of the rounded faces...

that is a personal thing i guess... We use a lot of celtic wall and i like the look of it much beter...

The CM has large gaps between pieces, and i don't like the rendomly angled lines between the top caps..also some of the top cams have 3 textured sides and one smooth. this makes some of the top cap joints tight, and some are vert loose ( when two textured butt)

3. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like one of my jobs from a few years back. We've used it once since then and didn't have any problem. However, we just finished a job with Keystone century wall and the cup grinder was used quite a bit.

4. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I used some country manor latley and didn't have a problem and I am in your area. They make it right down the road here at Akron Brick and Block