Kids Toys. Cut This or Walk Away.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tracer, Sep 3, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Yes. The clamp is to override the safety bar.

I’ve spoken to the nannies about this a few times and the problem persists. You can’t see the small plastic toys strewn everywhere.

sjessen and Cam15 like this.
  2. weeze

weeze Banned

just don't mow it until they finally realize they need to move the toys so you can mow. once the grass is a foot tall they will not want to play with their toys back there.

3. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Do you ever see the homeowners, or can contact them somehow?

4. agm

agm LawnSite Senior Member
    from NM

In our service contracts, it says lawn must be free of toys, garden hoses, etc otherwise we wont mow and they will be charged normal price. Looks like you need a clause in yours as well!

5. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

that's a funny looking turf tracer, turf tracer.
    the only thing that backyard needs is a trampoline, you should suggest that. lol

6. WGB

WGB LawnSite Member

My question is why are you mowing my kids/grandkids ? Seriously, trampoline, small pond, large garden, batting cage, pitching machine, fire pit, sand box, blue berry bushes, snowboard ramp, kiddie pool, and innumerable small and odd objects, from socks to barbies, hotwheels , ball bats, etc... for free I might add.

GrassManKzoo and hort101 like this.
  7. weeze

weeze Banned

funny thing i had a customer move and the new people put 2 trampolines in the yard. i'm glad i don't mow that yard anymore. :laugh:

i have another one i mow with a trampoline...not only that they have the hose hooked to some sprinkler thing around the top of the trampoline that the kids play in. talk about annoying!!!

Cam15 likes this.
  8. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

You forgot a putting green with hundreds of plastic golf balls. Ah hell just get your big mower up there and push everything in the natural areas and mow!

hort101 and Cam15 like this.
  9. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

I do that with my stander and trampolines-2 properties across the street from each other, both with a tramp in the backyard.

I hook the front wheel on the metal legs and slide 'em out of the way, it keeps the lawn in better shape, too, by moving them around.

PITA, but really doesn't take very long to "resituate" them.

10. WGB

WGB LawnSite Member

No putting green, I did forget the pitch-back and the bicycles, I have found a couple baseballs though. I have found golf balls at various places, can be quite exciting!

hort101 likes this.