Kids Toys. Cut This or Walk Away.

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
Groomer said:
"I do that with my stander and trampolines-2 properties across the street from each other, both with a tramp in the backyard.

I hook the front wheel on the metal legs and slide 'em out of the way, it keeps the lawn in better shape, too, by moving them around.

PITA, but really doesn't take very long to "resituate" them."

Ya we do that too. Pretty much if we hit a toy, not our fault.

Wye Oak Tree

LawnSite Fanatic
always fun to send golf balls flying through someone's window.
Oh yea Weeze. I have seen a golf ball come out of the front of the deck (not the chute).
It had so much speed and spin it was like a rising fastball. Bang! right through a window.
Luckily no one was hurt.

Blade tip speed at WOT is like 200mph so anything it catches is a lethal projectile.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
We had an issue with an account that had toys everywhere too, we let them know that we cut the same day every week and that they’d need to pick up the stuff, they assured me they would.

Next week, bam! Ran over a golf club, placed it on their deck, been clean ever since...
I nailed a flip flop belonging to one of a client's children. they we're po'd that I hit it and didn't tell them about it. Good thing, though, there have been no more flip flops in the yard.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
I do that with my stander and trampolines-2 properties across the street from each other, both with a tramp in the backyard.

I hook the front wheel on the metal legs and slide 'em out of the way, it keeps the lawn in better shape, too, by moving them around.

PITA, but really doesn't take very long to "resituate" them.
I used to do that until I read where some insurance companies recommend against doing so, obviously for liability reasons. Now, I just let the grass die under the trampoline.