Kids Toys. Cut This or Walk Away.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tracer, Sep 3, 2019.

1. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Maybe we need to come up with some sort of Olympic event where the competitors see how far they can sling an object from their mowers.

2. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

I’m in- give me some padding!! And a groin cupThumbs Up

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

We could use riders.;)

Cam15 and JLSLLC like this.
  4. weeze

weeze Banned

sounds good. the mower olympics or something. :laugh:

5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Thumbs Up

Cam15 and JLSLLC like this.
  6. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am so lucky, and I don't know how I got this lucky. I spend a lot of time at industrial accounts, but none of my residential properties have young children. And only one has a dog. How lucky can one get? I wouldn't walk away, but I would talk to them and tell them this isn't part of your normal mowing charge. See what you can work out.
    I had a lady that owned an antique store ask me to price mowing the grounds. They have a fenced in area with a lot of items for sale. She wanted it all moved and everything mowed lol...I mean I need to go take a pic of this stuff. It's not a super huge area, but still, moving about 40 items from left to right, then moving it all back..THEN do the right side the same way. I could probably have serviced the entire place in about 45 mins minus the merchandise. But I bet it would be at least 45 mins of moving things back and forth in addition to mowing...No thanks lol.. I just told her I was scared I would sling something up with the mower and trimmer and break the precious antiques and I didn't want to be responsible

7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Talking to the nannies is a waste of time. They don't want to fool with the toys either. The homeowner/parents are the ones to contact. Then, they put the screws to the nannies.

GSO LAWNEN4CER and JLSLLC like this.
  8. Keith4216

Keith4216 LawnSite Member

I'd walk away just because it's a push mower yard.

Hawkshot99 and flybynite like this.
  9. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Push mow yards are the majority of his properties.

hort101 likes this.
  10. weeze

weeze Banned

maybe hide all the toys in the woods where they can't find them? that way they can't leave them in the yard anymore. it's not stealing so it's legal.