Kids Toys. Cut This or Walk Away.

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
they we're po'd that I hit it and didn't tell them about it.
Not a flip flop...but a tennis ball for the dog. Told them I don't mention things like that....if I run over your kid's bike or the swingset I'll let ya know.

I used to do that until I read where some insurance companies recommend against doing so, obviously for liability reasons. Now, I just let the grass die under the trampoline.
Same...I don't touch trampolines. That way if it collapses and the kids get hurt...i'm not at fault.

flybynite

LawnSite Bronze Member
I do that with my stander and trampolines-2 properties across the street from each other, both with a tramp in the backyard.

I hook the front wheel on the metal legs and slide 'em out of the way, it keeps the lawn in better shape, too, by moving them around.

PITA, but really doesn't take very long to "resituate" them.
Around here, it better be secured to the ground or your homeowners insurance company will be getting a phone call shortly after that crazy thunderstorm blew the trampoline into the neighbors car! lol
I assembled a trampoline for a customer that has 4 kids. After their last one was destroyed when it flipped over in the backyard and was broken, I assembled the new one and used trampoline specific securing hardware.

Groomer

LawnSite Silver Member
Not a flip flop...but a tennis ball for the dog. Told them I don't mention things like that....if I run over your kid's bike or the swingset I'll let ya know.

Same...I don't touch trampolines. That way if it collapses and the kids get hurt...i'm not at fault.
I'm a licensed structural engineer as well, and each tramp is fully inspected after moving it. LOL

Top Forums