Kids Toys. Cut This or Walk Away.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tracer, Sep 3, 2019.

1. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Bronze Member

One thing that irritated me was I had one account that this situation sort of reminded me of. I don't service it any longer, but it was a fairly easy yard, other than the fact that the house was built on the side of a hill. All the grass was flat and all the grass area was in front of the house. The driveway was at the top of the hill above the house and there was like 80 plus steps to get from the front to the back of the house where the driveway was...Anyway, the only weed eating I had to do was like a minute worth along some rocks by the water the house was near. Then like a minute of weed eating directly against the house. That was it other than one area up by the road at the other end of the drive. So, everything is fine...then they decide they want to make a raised garden. I have to start trimming around that. Then they have a kid and they get a kid play set...Have to start trimming around that. Then they get another swing set. Have to start trimming around that. Then they added a sand box...I was like OMG people WTH...Then toys start appearing in the yard.

I finally asked for $5 more per visit, just to basically prove a point. It still really wasn't worth it. I really hated that property. The only way to get from the road to the grass area was to go down the street and down a long driveway shared by several neighbors. At some point though all the steps had to be walked so I could blow them off. Talk about a pain. They were nice customers though. Really the only reason I kept them as long as I did.

2. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

err, that's MARY Poppins, didn't anyone catch that? lol

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  3. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Your wright¡

sjessen likes this.
  4. GrassManKzoo

Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

This was thoughtfully placed in front of a bank I was doing by a dealer for advertising :realmad:

It’s ugly as hell too!:puke:

98ED4B4F-039E-41D9-9BA3-87E4D46E232F.jpeg

5. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

I'd just mow over it.

6. GrassManKzoo

Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

It was a giant weed that I sprayed ;)

7. weeze

weeze Banned

dang i hate when people start doing that. i'm like how much crap do they need in their yard to make my job harder? :laugh:

8. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know I can deal with one or two extra things, but stop at some point lol

9. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

We more so have trash on the yard then toys. And 2 weeks ago I ran over a wine bottle it nearly hit the tires. It was scaring when I heard it, I just knew it was going to have a flat and I would have to do the other 5 yards Until it got fixed.

10. WGB

WGB LawnSite Member

On a serious note, The nannies need to teach the kids to pick up after themselves (take care of their stuff) so they don't grow up to be slobs.
    It is one of my pet peeves and appears to be nearly impossible to teach my grandkids, so I know it isn't an easy task.

Years ago a friend of mine told his daughters to pick up the yard as he was going to mow. They informed him they were too busy ( lounging by the pool) Everything went under the deck and out the chute, never happened again.